It’s not everyday that you meet a beekeeper. Thought I’d celebrate our meeting of blogs by trying one of her recipes this Sunday. Meet Deb — the urban beekeeper and awesome gardener behind the blog Romancing The Bee
Since I typically do not measure my ingredients while cooking, I’ll do a rough sketch of my kitchen experiment today:
HONEY GLAZED BABY CARROTS
250g baby carrots
1.5-2 tbsp butter
drizzle of honey
salt and pepper
fresh flat leaf parsley
minute pinch of dried chili flakes
1. In a saucepan, boil water and season with salt. Throw in the carrots and boil for 5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Drain and set aside. Using the same pan, melt the butter , add a generous drizzle of honey and juice of 1/2 lemon.
3. Toss the carrots back in the pan and coat evenly with the honey mixture.
4. Season with a pinch of salt, dash of dried parsley and a scant pinch of dried chili flakes. Cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Remove from pan and garnish with fresh parsley leaves.
Click here for the original recipe and enjoy!