This is something I prepared for the first time a few months ago. I keep forgetting to cook this again! I’ve been craving for a seafood-based dish to make lately so I thought I’d post this on the blog to remind myself to make it again soon. For those looking for a simple but tasty homemade meal to make for mom this weekend, here’s something you can add to your special menu.
Best of all, it’s fuss-free and shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes to prepare I’m sorry if there are no measurements but I really don’t measure most of the time when it comes to cooking.
Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there —- and warm greetings go out to anyone and everyone who nourishes another living being
SCALLOPS IN LEMON BUTTER RECIPE
fresh/frozen scallop, thawed
small wedge of lemon
salt and pepper
dash of paprika
finely chopped parsley
1. In a pan, combine butter and sunflower oil. Coat the scallops with breadcrumbs and fry each side, not more than 2 minutes each side over medium-high heat.
2. Sprinkle a dash of paprika while cooking.
3. When cooked, remove from heat and set aside on a dish. Using the same pan, adjust gradually with more butter to make a bit of a sauce, simmer with vermouth, and squeeze out the juice of the lemon. Add some of the parsley and turn off the heat.
4. Adjust with a sprinkling of salt and pepper and scoop the liquid over the cooked scallops.
5. Garnish with a bit more of the chopped parsley then serve immediately